As you know we are a volunteer led organisation. Catering in the traditional manner at rogaines has become too difficult.
- The Catering Manager’s role is too complex so it is hard to get volunteers.
- Traditional catering needs a large team of volunteers
- Food temperature recording requirements are too onerous.
- We cannot carry the traditional catering equipment without overloading our hired truck.
- The volume of equipment needed deters recruiting Equipment managers
In light of this we have decided to change our food offering.
Food will not be provided at CBDGaines & Metrogaines.
For bush events we will endeavour to have a community group provide a sausage sizzle at the end. We hope to have a volunteer provide hot water for rogainers.
For our 12 hour events ending in the dark hours and for 24 hour events we hope to provide some overnight offering that is permitted under simpler food licence conditions.
This means no more cheese toasties! We thank everyone for their understanding and support as we roll out the new catering offering