Monster Meeting Rogaine 6hr Day + 6hr Night (4th June 2022)
Monster Meeting Day - Saturday 4 June 2022
Admin Opens:8:00 am , Event Start:10:00 am, Event Finish:4:00 pm Duration:6 hours
A standard 6hr rogaine with a sausage sizzle and hot drinks provided at the end of the Day event.
Monster Meeting Night - Saturday 4 June 2022
Admin Opens:4:15 pm , Event Start:6:00 pm, Event Finish:12:00 am Duration:6 hours
A 6hr night rogaine with admin opening 1hr 50 mins prior and sausage sizzle provided before the night rogaine begins.
Monster Meeting Day & Night - Saturday 4 June 2022
Admin Opens:8:00 am , Event Start:10:00 am, Event Finish:12:00 am Duration:6 + 6 hours
This event follows the same format as the June 2019 Ross Creek Rogaine.
You can enter the 6hr Day rogaine or the 6hr Night rogaine, or do both and enter the 6+6hr Day & Night event.
For the 6+6hr Day & Night rogaine:
- You will begin with the 6hr Day event with admin opening at 8:00am.
- You will be required to return to the Hash House by the 6hr Day rogaine finish time of 4:00pm.
- You will lose 10 points for each minute you are late.
- If you are more than 30 minutes late, you will forfeit all your day points, phone contact will be attempted and a search will be initiated. You can still do the night rogaine but your overall score at the start of the 6hr Night rogaine will be zero.
- When you finish the 6hr Day rogaine, you will return your Navlight tags and will be assigned a day score.
- You will need to check-in again at admin from 4:15pm to collect new maps and Navlight tags for the 6hr Night rogaine.
- Sausages and hot drinks will be available at the Hash House and BYO extra food while you re-plan your course for the night event.
- During the time between the two rogaines, we recommend changing into fresh warm clothing. It is winter and expect to get cold waiting the 2 hours between the end of the first rogaine and the start of the second.
- You will be required to attend the 6hr Night rogaine briefing at 5:45pm, provide a second intention plan when you enter the corral and have your night Navlight tags punched. The earlier 6hr Day briefing punch 8 hours prior is not valid for your 6hr Night rogaine.
- The finish time will be at 12:00am midnight, after which you will lose 10 points per minute and forfeit your entire night score if you are more than 30 minutes late.
If you enter the 6+6hr event, you must do both rogaines with the same teammate/s.
During the 6hr Night rogaine, you may visit and score any checkpoints on the course. This INCLUDES checkpoints you have previously visited during the day.
You will be eligible to place in the 6hr Day event alongside teams doing only the day rogaine. Your score at the conclusion of the day event will determine your day placing.
You will not be scored with the 6hr Night competitors for the night event; there will be separate results for the 6hr Night and the 6+6hr double rogaine.
Your final 6+6hr rogaine score is the sum of your scores from both the 6hr Day and the 6hr Night rogaines.
Set in the Fryers Range south-east of Castlemaine, this is a 6hr all-daylight rogaine starting at 10am Saturday and a 6hr all-dark rogaine starting afterwards at 6pm, with the option to do either event, or double events. The same map will be used for both events. This format provides a great opportunity to try some night navigation while only needing to do a short 6hr event, or with the double rogaine, the possibility of going back out at night to see if you can find checkpoints in the dark that you visited in daylight. The popular 6hr standard rogaine is available to those who prefer day rogaining only.
Registration Date:06/05/2022, Late Date:25/05/2022, Registrations Close:01/06/2022
1 hour 25 minutes from Melbourne, and set on the VRA Permanent course near Chewton, however with a different start location, different checkpoints and changed scoring.
Set 100% in State Forest.
Rogaine during the day or night, or both. The day and night rogaines are the same course but different events. You may enter both of them and even score the same controls again at night that you visited during the day. If you have never rogained at night, this is an ideal opportunity to give night navigation a go in a 6hr event.
Scale 1:25,000 i.e. 4cm on the map = 1km. The map will be printed on SRA3 non-waterproof paper (320mm x 450mm)
Entries are now open.
A late fee will apply to all entries after Wednesday 25th May 2022. Entries and team changes will close Wednesday 1st June (subject to determination by the Admin Manager closer to the date). Once entries close, online changes will no longer be possible and no new team entries will be accepted – this includes no new team entries on the day.
Entries will be limited to a maximum of 400 competitors on course during the day and 100 at night.
Partner Finder Service
If you would like to enter but you do not have a team, we can help you find a partner/s so you don’t have to miss out. Email Andrew email@example.com with your name, age, gender and rogaining experience at least a week before entries close, but preferably as soon as possible to have the best chance of being matched with a teammate.
Event Entry Fees
$40 - 6hr Day / 6hr Night
$45 - 6+6hr Day & Night
Junior (under 18)
$25 - 6hr Day / 6hr Night
$30 - 6+6hr Day & Night
Free - when in a team with an adult
Late fee (for entries after 25/05/22) - $20
Final Instructions and Start location
Final instructions will include details of the start location, how to get there, important information about the event and the Indemnity Form.
Please print out and complete the Indemnity Form and ensure you bring it to the event. All team members must sign the form.
The final instructions will be available on the VRA website from Tuesday 31st May.
For the latest team list click ‘Events’ above and go to ‘View Registered Teams‘.
View the Indemnity Form
Please note that no pets are allowed at rogaines, either on course or at the Hash House.
Please read our information about Biosecurity in Rogaining and make sure your equipment is clean before you leave home.
Each team member must carry a compass, a whistle and a headlamp or torch. Lights and compasses on smartphones do not meet this requirement and will not be allowed.
Each team must also carry a mobile phone and a first aid kit. This should contain as a minimum
- 1 heavyweight compression bandage for snakebites
- 1 roller bandage
- 1 triangular bandage (or blood absorbent cotton pads)
- sticking plaster
- VRA first aid instruction sheet
These are available from Event Admin if needed.
There will be an equipment check before registration.
6hr Day Rogaine
08:00am Admin opens for check-in, map collection and Navlight collection
09:45am Briefing – all must attend
10:00am 6hr rogaine starts
03:00pm Sausage sizzle opens (approximate time only)
04:00pm 6hr rogaine finishes
04:20pm Approximate time of presentation
6hr Night Rogaine
04:15pm Admin opens for check-in, map collection and Navlight collection (delayed to allow day rogainers to clear the admin area)
05:30pm Sausage sizzle closes (approximate time, subject to sausage availability)
05:45pm Briefing – all must attend
06:00pm 6hr rogaine starts
12:00am 6hr rogaine finishes at midnight
00:15am Sunday Approximate time of presentation
There will be bush camping at the Hash House. We are asking teams to wait until 4pm Saturday before setting up tents. We need to maximise the space for parking.
Hash House Meal
Thanks to the Castlemaine Lions Club for providing a sausage sizzle at the end of the day event. Those entering the night event can get their 2 sausages or a veggie burger before they start, until 5:30pm (or sausages run out, whichever is earlier). The sausages will be gluten free.
Hot water, tea, coffee, and Milo will also be available after both events. Please bring your own mug.
John Gavens - - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phil Giddings - 0427 012 863 - Membership@rogainevic.org.au
Online Entry Assistance
Andrew Hunter - 0401 708 189 - email@example.com