Monster Meeting Rogaine 6hr Day + 6hr Night (4th June 2022)
Monster Meeting Day - Saturday 4 June 2022
Admin Opens:8:00 am , Event Start:10:00 am, Event Finish:4:00 pm Duration:6 hours
6hr Rogaine – 10am to 4pm using our standard format.
Monster Meeting Night - Saturday 4 June 2022
Admin Opens:4:15 pm , Event Start:6:00 pm, Event Finish:12:00 pm Duration:6 hours
6hr Rogaine – 6pm to midnight
Monster Meeting Day & Night - Saturday 4 June 2022
Admin Opens:8:00 am , Event Start:10:00 am, Event Finish:12:00 am Duration:6 + 6 hours
The plan is similar to June 2019 Ross Creek Night and Day Rogaine. The below explains the Special arrangement for that event.
In order to do BOTH Rogaines, you need to enter your team in the 2×6 Rogaine event. This will be the THIRD event listed when using Online Entry. Please DO NOT enter in the day or the night event if you intend to do BOTH. The standard day or night events are for entrants only doing a SINGLE Rogaine.
- If you enter the double Rogaine, your Rogaine format will be at the same times as the day event with Admin opening at 8:00.
- You are required to return to the Hash House at the Day Rogaine finish time, i.e. 16:00. You will lose 10 points for each minute you are late. If you are more than 30 minutes late, you forfeit all your day points and we will have to start a search for your team. You can still do the night Rogaine but your overall score at the start of the night Rogaine is zero.
- When you finish your day Rogaine, you will be assigned a score however no Tag Printouts of announcements due to Covid restrictions. You will hand back your navlight tags and receive new ones for the night event.
- Teams doing the double Rogaine are eligible to place alongside teams that are doing the day Rogaine only. Your score at the conclusion of the day event is used for your day placing.
- You may then have a couple of Hash House sausages, BYO extra food and re-plan your course for the night event.
- You will be required to attend THE NIGHT ROGAINE BRIEFING at 17:45. You will need to have your night navlight tags punched by the briefing punch. The earlier day briefing punch 8 hours earlier is not valid for your night Rogaine.
- Your team will need to provide a second trip intention plan for the night Rogaine when you enter the briefing corral for the night briefing.
- During the night Rogaine, you may visit and score any controls on the course. THIS INCLUDES controls that you have previously visited during the day.
- Your finish time is at 24:00 and you lose 10 points per minute after this point and forfeit your entire score if you are more than 30 minutes late.
- Your final Rogaine score is the sum of your scores from both the day and the night Rogaine.
- We do not support the arrangement where a person may want to do the Night Rogaine with a different team mate to the Day Rogaine.
- No food will be provided at the conclusion of the night event.
During the time between the two Rogaines, you may wish to change into fresh warm clothing. You may find that you get MUCH COLDER than normal given the 2 hours between the end of the first Rogaine and the start of the second.
In December 1851, Australia’s first industrial action was taken near Chewton. The industrial action by 15,000 diggers preceded the well known Eureka Rebellion and was known as the Monster Meeting. See https://monstermeeting.net/ We named this Rogaine in memory of this meeting.
Registration Date:06/05/2022, Closing Date:25/05/2022, Late Date:31/05/2022
Set on the VRA Permanent course near Chewton however with different start location, different checkpoints and changed scoring.. 1 hour 25 minutes from Melbourne.
Set 100% in State Forest. You can Rogaine during the day or night, or both. The day and night Rogaines are the same course but different events like when we do a Saturday and Sunday 2x6hr Rogaine weekend. You can enter both of them and even visit the same controls you visited during the day, again at night. If you have never Rogained at night, this is an ideal opportunity to give night navigation a go for a 6hr event. Teams entering both Rogaines will be scored with all team for the daylight event however will not be scored with the 6hr only competitors for the night event. There will be separate results for the night 6hr and the completion of the Both event.
Day entries will be limited to a maximum of 400 competitors.
Night entries will be limited to 100 night only competitors plus day entries doing both events.
Enter early, This event is likely to sell out!
Event Entry Fees
Online Entry will open by 6-May. Late date will be Wednesday 25-Jun-22 at 11:59pm and late entries will only be open for a day or two after that Adults $TBA, Junior $TBA (Under 18) Juniors get free entry when in a team with an adult. Late Fee $TBA
Final Instructions and Start location
Final instructions which includes start location and how to get there will be available on the Rogaine website from Tuesday 31-May.
Team lists included any outstanding payments will also be on the VRA website from Tuesday 31-May.
Please download and complete an Indemnity Form from. This will also be attached to Final Instructions.
Our Rogaining rules are no pets allowed at Rogaines either on course or at the Hash House.
6hr Daylight Rogaine Event Format:
The below format is for a 10:00am start. Due to Covid Restrictions expect other wave start times.
08:00 Admin opens for Check in Map Collection and Navlight collections
09:45 Briefing – All must attend
10:00 6hr Rogaine Start
15:00 Approximate time the Hash House sausage Sizzle opens
16:00 6hr Rogaine Finish
6hr Night Rogaine Event Format:
16:15 Admin opens for Check in Map Collection and Navlight collections Note We need to delay Admin checking until the bulk of day event teams have finished and moved away.
17:45 Briefing – All must attend
18:00 6hr Rogaine Start
24:00 6hr Rogaine Finish
There will be bush camping at the Hash House. (Subject to final permit approval)
Hash House Meal
A sausage sizzle will be provided for the finish of the day event. Sausage sizzle for the night event to be determined.
John Gavens - -
TBA - - Membership@rogainevic.org.au
Online Entry Assistance
Andrew Hunter - 0401 708 189 - Entries@rogainevic.org.au